Timeshare Trap

Timeshares are one of the worst investments you can make. This journal is to inform people who are thinking about purchasing a timeshare not to do so and help those trying to get rid of their timeshare.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Time Share Downside Over Time

Things change, especially over years. That is one of the biggest drawbacks of a time share. While you think you may visit the same place every year, the reality is that time will likely change that as this person found out:

About 16 years ago, I purchased a one-week time-share in Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World. About three weeks after I bought it, I heard you on the radio and called in to your program to ask your thoughts on a time-share purchase. You said, "You don't listen to my program much, do you? A time-share is a bad deal -- get out of it." Well, it was too late then, but the first 10 years were mostly OK. However, now the maintenance fees are a whopping $824 per year. Ouch! I have been contacted by at least eight time-share resellers, and they all want an up-front fee to attempt to sell it, claiming they have an excited buyer. Well, that isn't going to happen. I will never pay an up-front fee. So while I was at the time-share in January 2007, I spoke with the front desk to arrange a meeting with the manager to discuss the resort repurchasing it; he wouldn't even speak to me, let alone make an appointment. Further, he had the receptionist tell me they would offer $1,500, take it or leave it. I told them they were out of their minds. My son is now 16, and I doubt we will return to this Disney area again.


Read the rest of the article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home