Timeshare Trap

Timeshares are one of the worst investments you can make. This journal is to inform people who are thinking about purchasing a timeshare not to do so and help those trying to get rid of their timeshare.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Timeshare Complaint

We received the following complaint about a timeshare:

_________________________________


Sunset Lagoon Cancun Timeshare Fraud

I purchased a timeshare a few months ago at Sunset Lagoon in Cancun, Mexico. I was given a written "guarantee" that I would receive rental income for two years and that Sunset Lagoon's US subsidiary would sell my existing timeshare for $10,000 within 90 days. As it turns out, the US subsidiary is not a part of Sunset Lagoon at all, they are just a marketing company and have no record of any guarantee made by Sunset Lagoon. Sunset Lagoon now tells me that the document I received is not a part of the contract and refuses to cancel the contract and give me my money back.

Sunset Lagoon lied to me and scammed me out of nearly $10,000, and has stuck me with a timeshare that I certainly do not want. I have filed formal complaints with my credit card company, the FTC, Profeco, econsumer.gov, RCI and the Attorney Generals in NC and FL (where Sunset Lagoon maintains an address for purposes of collecting money). At this point, I'm just waiting to see what comes of this and looking for any advice anyone can give me. If anyone has been in this type of situation, I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Needless to say, I advise everyone to stay away from Sunset Lagoon, Sunset Beach, Royal Sunset, Fisherman's Village or Sunset Clubs while in Mexico. These resorts are all owned by the same lying thieves!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, I am also in the same boat as yourself. Fell for the sales pitch at Sunset Fisherman's village. Would greatly appreciate if you could let me know if any of these agencies were helpful at all. Email me at mask0425 (AT) sbcglobal.net.

    Thanks in advance and good luck to all of us!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe we are also in ther same situation as you. Our problem is we have been trying to get the company to contact us to discuss our time share seems no one is at home!!! we are into this mess for almost $20,000. if you have had any luck or knbow of saome way to get the money back please share with us at jbrogers@cox.net.
    thanks

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe all of this. They called me today and I didn't think they were involved in such a massive scam. If anyone out there ever receives a phone call from these thieves don't, give in to them, just hang-up. They promise a three week vacations, in all and in three different places, for only $399 per person. The only catch is that you must give them your credit card number on the spot, over the phone. Don't ever do this under any circumstances. We sadly live in a world where to do so is just ridiculous. There are more jerks out there than good people, at least when it comes to free offers over the phone.

    I am sure they'll eventually get their just desserts. Good luck to all who have posted comments on this page. Hope you stop them before they harm more innocent people.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We were also scammed by Sunset Group, Sunset Fishermens Village in Playa del Carmen. Similar story to everyone else...has anyone had any success with getting their money back?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home